The event was open for four days and there were two private view evenings which were attended by the great and the good of the advertising and graphic design industries. The building was home to all of the leading design and advertising courses from around the UK as well as institutions from abroad.
The comments received from visitors looking at the Lincoln Creative Advertising work was very positive indeed and Paul Brazier, Executive Creative Director of AMV BBDO and Chairman of D&AD was full of praise for the course and its students. Here's a photo of him talking to Ollie:-
Although New Blood is a great showcase for the students and a fantastic opportunity to network it is also home to a large number of workshops and lectures which many of the students took advantage of:
• Amy & Pieter took part in the Portfolio Surgery and had book crits with DDB and Digitas.
• Neil & Stefan took part in the Portfolio Surgery with ad agencies Mother and Kindred.
• Brooke & Ruud took part in the Grey London workshop and in the 'Get to know Poke' workshop.
• Lara went to Cogs Agency, attended the '10 magic tricks: a master class in enchantment' lecture and workshops with Navy Blue and Digitas.
• Ollie had a highly coveted book crit with Paul Brazier.
• James visited the ad agency AKQA and took part in their workshop.
• Sophie & Keighley visited Grey London for a talk and took part in a workshop brief and also went to Digitas for a talk. They also entered a competition to create a 12 second ident for Morph London and were shortlisted finalists.
• Alice & Ade and Sarah & Rachel had a portfolio crits from 4Creative.
• Vicky and Charlotte took part in a workshop with R/GA.
• Ruby took part in the Digitas talk on 'Earning the right to have a place in people's lives.'
This year's D&AD New Blood was a great success for all involved and well worth all the hard work.
See you at next year's event...